Overview of Shopify Translation Apps
When it comes to growing and expanding your business on Shopify to a larger scale and increasing revenue streams, an eCommerce enterprise needs to break through language barriers, add value, and make the buying process easier for new customers.
Shopify is a fast-growing Canadian e-commerce firm that serves millions of customers across the world with their online retail and service business needs. Shopify translation apps enable your eCommerce businesses to translate their Shopify store into multiple languages to cater to a wider audience. It allows the customer sitting anywhere in the world to transition from a different language to their native one through a simple dropdown menu or flag option.
Top 10 Best Translation Apps for Shopify [2022 Updated List]
Shopify multilingual apps come in a variety of shapes and sizes. While some are built-in with automatic translation, some are not. Some will be AI-driven with a translation proofreading service, in which an expert will clean up your material. You can choose from a variety of Shopify translation software to utilize in your online business. We've compiled a list of 11 of the best and most popular apps for your convenience.
1. Translation Lab - AI Translate
Shopify Rating: 4.9
Sherpas Design's Translation Lab AI Translate combines a digital aesthetic with technical, Shopify-specific skills to create a smooth experience with Shopify's new multi-language functionality. Translation Lab is a specialist in providing scalable, yet intuitive, translation experiences that are tailored to your business requirements.
- Automatic Translations- Translation Lab uses the Google Neural Machine Translation engine to automatically convert your Shopify store into any language.
- Multi-Currency Support- It allows an eCommerce business to sell in more than 160 currencies, giving customers a more engaging shopping experience by displaying prices in their currency.
- Perform bulk translations from any section of your Shopify store, including product pages, blogs, meta fields, checkouts, emails, and SMS.
- Export/Import Translations in CSV format, Text Value, ID or use the standard Shopify export schemes.
- Provides a language switcher for Shopify stores that can be customized with flags and language names.
- Auto-detects and loads the Shopify store in the visitor's preferred language.
Third-party app functionalities are not supported.
Media & Glossary translation features are not supported.
2. G | translate Shop Translator
Shopify Rating: 4.8
Since 2008, G | translate has been a major language translation services supplier. It removes language obstacles, improving the likelihood of a successful conversion. To target overseas markets, GTranslate uses Google Translate and Bing's automatic translation services to translate and display your Shopify store in 103 languages.
- Its renowned translation proxy technology makes it simple to translate most third-party apps on any eCommerce store.
- GTranslate's free edition provides infinite languages and translations without annoying you with upgrade pop-ups.
- Varied Styles- Dropdown, Flags, Flags with dropdown, Flags with language codes, Flags with language names, Language names, Language codes, etc.
- Centralized translation cache based on the statistical algorithm of frequency of language pairs.
- Paid versions of the software allow for URL translation as well as the creation of sub-domains for each language.
- It edits and improves translations Client dashboard with metrics and analysis.
- Advanced features like Note, editing translations, and multilingual SEO options are not available in the free version.
- Lacks import/export translation functionality.
3. Language Translate - Transcy
Shopify Rating: 4.8
Language Translate by Transcy is the ultimate Shopify translation app for all-size businesses looking to break through cultural boundaries and accomplish cross-border selling. Language Translate has it all: a simple user interface with straightforward setup and installation, to organize all of your translations in one location.
- Automated Currency Converter supporting 167+ currencies with Shopify Payments integration on the Checkout page.
- Multilingual SEO optimization helps improve the search engine appeal of your Shopify store and website.
- Auto-update translation for new pages & content changes in existing pages to keep your Shopify store language up-to-date.
- Geolocation auto-detect system supporting 246+ countries and territories in the world
- Provides a visually appealing switcher for changing language and currency without slowing down the site.
- Daily update of exchange rate & optimal auto rounding system for each currency.
- The Glossary translation feature has yet to be released.
- It lacks the necessary support for effective grievance redress and technical concerns.
Shopify Rating: 4.7
Weglot is a SaaS tech start-up started in 2016, France, that helps businesses turn their websites multilingual. lauded as the best-rated multilingual plugin on the WordPress directory, it offers fast, simple, and user-friendly ways to translate your Shopify store.
- It integrates seamlessly with your Shopify store , adapts to your technology, and can be delivered in any language.
- With advanced translation management capabilities, automatic translation in more than 100 languages is possible.
- Powerful SEO optimization including automated Google indexing of your translated pages.
- It's simple to set up and utilize.
- Manage all your translations in one spot.
- The app lacks import/export function and sub-domain support.
- The basic membership does not include the unlimited language option.
Founded in 2014, Langify is a cloud-based localization platform provider situated in Herford, Germany. It allows eCommerce businesses to translate their Shopify stores into numerous languages without having to write a single line of code. Langify is a user-friendly interface that was designed with ease of use in mind, allowing businesses to quickly identify and translate their content.
- Smart Integrations with platforms like Gift Reggie, Recomatic Related Products, Store Pickup + Delivery, Searchanise, Cross-Sell, and Instant Search +
- It's fully compatible with Shopify 's native translation features and responds rapidly to changes in the platform.
- Best SEO practices- Langify automatically injects optimized hreflang and canonical tags.
- Allows to export- existing translations for backup purposes, or untranslated content for professional translation.
- Allows translations in a right-to-left direction.
- Adding and editing auto-translations for Shopify content.
- Easy setup for all langify essentials including languages switcher, redirection & currencies in just a few clicks.
- The app, though loaded with features, comes in a pricey package.
- Extensive loading times and delayed response time.
6. Language Translate - ETranslate
Shopify Rating: 4.7
UpperCommerce, which is dedicated to offering high-quality solutions for all Shopify businesses, now offers ETranslate, an all-in-one translation solution for Shopify stores. ETranslate makes it simple to set up a multilingual store in minutes, without the need for any additional coding knowledge.
- Shopify Native Translation- ETranslate integrates perfectly with Shopify's native multi-language capability.
- Manual & Auto AI translation of store content including checkout page & third-party apps in a single click without any limits.
- Translate & edit with an unlimited number of page views & languages.
- At the first visit, auto-detect the visitor's browser language and display content in the appropriate language.
- Glossary, Image translate, Customized language selector, Auto-sync new content, etc. enhanced features available.
- It is compatible with most SEO apps.
- The app has been reported with user glitches.
- Needs more robust Customer support and competitive pricing to suit all.
7. Language Translator - LangShop
Shopify Rating: 4.5
Build a multilingual and multicurrency Shopify store with LangShop, a language translator & currency converter app. With 241 languages and dialects and 80 currencies available, it enables eCommerce enterprises to expand their stores to every nook and corner of the world.
- Translation revisions- A timeline is presented for each category of content's translation history.
- Background mode helps you to work more quickly while translating in the background while performing other tasks.
- Allows choosing the best translation ideas from translation drivers like Google, Yandex, Baidu, Watson, Bing, and others.
- On any plan, there are no restrictions on the number of words or pageviews + auto-translate available for all users.
- Import/export multilingual information from your store in multiple formats (CSV, XML, XLS, JSON).
- User-friendly dashboard to track every translation and language.
- Provides third-party app content translation feature.
- While the services suit businesses of all sizes, a price of $34 per month seems unfeasible for small businesses.
- Proprietary API interface accessible only in advanced membership packages.
8. Multi Lingo
Shopify Rating: 4.5
Launched in 2016, Multi Lingo is a theme localizer and translation tool made available by Modules4U. It enables seamless integration of eCommerce businesses with Shopify's localization system. Multi Lingo makes use of Shopify’s existing theme translations to create multilingual versions for menu items, products, pages, and blog articles.
- Preserves original theme while a multi-language version of the chosen theme is developed and deployed in your shop.
- Automatic Localization of SEO information based on the content of the current page.
- Translations are available across all Multi Lingo themes and do not need to be entered again, making switching between themes extremely easy.
- Right-to-left text flow is supported for Arabic, Hebrew, Urdu, and other RTL scripts.
- Automatic translations on a per-item basis.
- Automatic language selector for switching between languages, choose switcher styles or create your own.
- Customer Support service needs to be more robust and quick in response.
- It does not support sub-domains.
9. Bablic Store Translation App
Shopify Rating: 4.3
With its Shopify Store Translation App, Bablic has mastered the process of website translation. Bablic is the most straightforward and cost-effective translation management solution for Shopify stores of all sizes. It assures that when it comes to accessing content on the internet, languages are no longer a barrier for eCommerce enterprises' customers.
- Hassle-free seamless integration with Shopify in a few minutes.
- Visual Editor provides an instant preview, allowing you to resolve style/CSS errors before going live with a single click.
- Multilingual SEO has the potential to improve visibility on both international and local search engines.
- Powerful site management with automation & professional translation to update Shopify & site’s content dynamically.
- Automatic language recognition software.
- Language switching widget is tailored to your Shopify store's appearance.
- Content import/export to/from popular file formats is simple.
- Right-to-Left translations are limited to only paid plans.
- Limited days free-pack features.
10. Easy Language Translate
Shopify Rating: 4.7
This language translator app is by JoboApps, which offers a slew of applications for Shopify. Easy Language Translate does not require coding skills and is capable of automatically translating the store according to the regions in which the app is accessed.
- You can add global languages to your store that can translate the page in accordance with visitors’ language.
- There are 100 + languages available with Easy language Translate app, which are fully compatible with the Shopify d esign themes.
- Language widgets and templates are fully customizable in this translator app for Shopify.
- The setting up for this app follows a simple process with the option of adding custom CSS.
- Customer service is beneficial with Easy language Translate app.
- This language translator app is reasonably priced and can be easily installed without coding requirements.
- Easy Language Translate app does not support the check out page on Shopify.
How to select the best Translation App for Shopify?
As you can see from the preceding section, no two Shopify translation apps are alike. It's critical to focus on these distinct features to decide how much of a difference any given translation app may make to your Shopify business. We've carefully curated and compiled a list of some of the most crucial pointers to consider when choosing a translation tool for your Shopify business.
1. Multi-Language Support
When it comes to the Shopify translation software, the first step is to determine its supported languages. To cater to all the potential customers served by the eCommerce Shopify store, the app should offer multi-language support. The greater the number of languages supported by the platform, the more likely it is to meet your current and future company needs.
2. Multilingual SEO
It's pointless to translate your Shopify online store if it won't show up in your new target market's search results. Multilingual SEO refers to optimizing the content of your eCommerce Shopify store and website for multiple languages to make it searchable in new markets and let consumers from all over the world find it. As a result, the Shopify translation program you use should adhere to Google's multilingual SEO guidelines.
3. Easy to Install and Implement
For an eCommerce firm to set up their Shopify store and deploy it without breaking a sweat, a user-friendly app is a necessity. The app should be simple to use and require no code or additional programming knowledge to make the Shopify store and website multilingual in only a few clicks.
4. Budget-friendly Price
This is one of the most important things to think about! Businesses shouldn't go overboard when it comes to translating their Shopify site without weighing its services to cost and benefit ratio. The most crucial thing to consider is whether the Shopify translation app is competitively priced and can meet your company's needs, given its extensive feature set.
5. Customer Service
As a Shopify translation app and software are fully dependant on technology to supply services, it is also necessary to maintain that technology. A solid Shopify translation app is pocket-friendly and available to its customers 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and offers regular support for updates and improvements.
Final Words/ Overall recommendation
Going international is the best way for eCommerce vendors to expand their business. With the best Translation app for their Shopify store eCommerce enterprises can expand their business to new heights in only a matter of time. Based on your business needs and serviceability, choose an app that satisfies your geographical reach, includes the languages you need to connect with your customers across the globe, and is within your price range.
A multi-lingual translation app like G | translate Shop Translator and Translation Lab serve best if you require sub-domains for each language for your Shopify store. If your business requires dynamic content translation from third-party apps, ETranslate & LangShop are your top picks. However, if you're serving in countries with dextrosinistral script MultiLingo and Langify might be good options because of the right-to-left translation feature.
FAQ About Shopify Translation Apps
1) Which is the best Shopify Translation App?
The best Translation App for your Shopify store largely relies on your business requirements and the services needed. Some popular choices are G | translate Shop Translator, Translation Lab, MultiLingo, ETranslate, LangShop, and Langify. While G-translate or Translation Lab will serve the best if you want automatic translation services, ETranslate, LangShop offers a more cost-effective solution.
2) How to choose the best Shopify Translation App for your eCommerce business?
These are the things to consider if you're seeking the best Shopify Translation App for your eCommerce business. 1. The app should offer Multi-Language Support. 2. Shopify translation app should adhere to Google's multilingual SEO guidelines. 3. It should be a user-friendly app easy to Install and Implement. 4. The app should offer excellent customer support services for grievance redressal. 5. Lastly, it should come in pocket-friendly pricing.