1) Introduction to DTDC Courier Company or Partner
With its headquarters in Bangalore, Karnataka, Desk to Desk Courier and Cargo is an Indian Logistics company delivering over 12 million packages per month.
Additionally, DTDC is also a majority stakeholder in UAE’s Eurostar Express and Bangalore-based Nikkos Logistics. Founded in 1990, DTDC offers nationwide and international services.
2) Shipping Services offered by DTDC (Desk to Desk Courier & Cargo)
With strategic tie-ups in over 240 countries around the world, DTDC is a logistics provider offering supply chain solutions, freight, warehousing, distribution and transportation with domestic and international express and cargo services.
DTDC has several shipping modes and services for you to choose from. Listed below are DTDC services that cover both domestic and international shipping options for businesses and individuals.
2.1) DTDC Document Express Services
Under this banner, DTDC delivers time-sensitive document delivery across the globe.
2.2) DTDC International Non-Document Express Services
Armed with rapid customs clearance at origin and destination, this Air Parcel Service is designed for worldwide parcel delivery.
2.3) DTDC Door to Door
With the option of Express and Economy, this service moves commercial shipment from origin to destination.
2.4) DTDC Door to Airport
As an Express or Deferred service, you can choose this option if you’d like to move the commercial shipment from the origin to the destination airport.
2.5) DTDC Airport to Airport
Also available as an Express or Deferred service, this facility moves commercial shipments from the airport in origin to the airport in the destination.
3) Factors Analyzed by DTDC Shipping Calculator
DTDC shipping calculator offers you estimates for both domestic and international packages once you plug in the information listed below. All of these are required fields without which the DTDC shipping calculator will not be able to process the data entered by you.
3.1) Pick-up Data
Enter the city and zip code that you are sending the package from.
3.2) Delivery Data
Enter the city and zip code that you are sending the package to.
3.3) Package Details
Choose the date of booking and enter the weight of your package.
3.4) Delivery Details
Choose a delivery type (speed/mode), select the type of DTDC service you’d like to opt for, and the type of shipment (documents/non-documents).
Once you’ve filled out the data and hit the clock button, DTDC shipping calculator will offer you the estimated delivery time and price.
3.5) Large Packages
In case the amount of space occupied by your package is greater than usual, charges for dimensional or volumetric weight will be used by DTDC to calculate your tariff rather than the actual weight or the shipment.
For shipments booked under priority in DTDC services such as Air Cargo, Air Express and R-Express, if the dimension of the parcel is greater than 110 cms, then twice the volumetric or actual weight will be charged to the customer as actionable under railway customs and fees.
4) Surcharges Included in DTDC Shipping Calculator
While there are multiple value added services offered at a cost by DTDC, two of their main surcharge verticals are those that fall under the risk category and fuel category.
4.1) Risk Surcharge
- Designed for the benefit of customers, this coverage aims to protect goods uninsured by the shipper at an extra cost to the receiver.
- This Surcharge is suitable for most Premium Express consignments and products.
However, the shipment has to fall under the stipulations of DTDC as listed below to be eligible for this beneficial cover.
1) Maximum Shipment Value should be Rs. 25,000 per parcel for DTDC Plus and DTDC Blue.
2) Any COD or Post Paid Maximum Shipment Value is Rs. 50,000 per parcel.
3) Certain consignments may be limited to a maximum of Rs. 100 as liability cover.
4) Valuable cargos must have valid cover insurance by the shipper or maximum risk surcharge as per product category.
5) If a package is not covered by risk surcharge or insurance, the maximum claim due to damage or loss is limited to Rs. 500.
6) Certain types of consignments will need to be fortified with relevant documents such as tax forms and invoices by the shipper.
7) Failure to comply with the terms and conditions of the contract will make the carrier’s liability null and void and any consequential losses will not be considered.
4.2) Fuel Surcharge
- An important factor of any business, fuel surcharges impact service charges and product rates. All logistics related operations are heavily impacted by any hike or increase in fuel prices.
- Any hike in fuel charges have a domino effect- freight charges calculated by airlines and railways, fuel charges by co-loaders, and handling charges by airport and railways all multiply to create a massive spike in the surcharges calculated by DTDC.
5) Value-Added Services and Activities Included in DTDC Shipping Calculator
5.1) DTDC Lite
DTDC organizes special arrangements for delivering heavy consignments under the banner including manpower boost, handling equipment and larger vehicles for prioritized land and air delivery at best cost.
5.2) Value Added Services
DTDC provides VAS such as Collect/Cash on Delivery, To Pay or Freight on Delivery and delivery of personal or valuable items under their Mentioned Piece category.
5.3) Mass Consignment Pickup and Delivery
With smooth pick up and delivery using IMS (Management Information System), DTDC incorporates TechMailer in their operations for bulk dispatches ensuring fast, accurate and smart logistics.
5.4) Corporate Solutions
DTDC’s Priority Product focuses on multinationals, financial and banking institutes, insurance companies and corporate clients and offers them a dedicated handling team, service routes, enhanced automated operations, document and cargo handling, and tracking and information support.
6) Prohibited Items Under DTDC Shipping Calculator
The DTDC list of prohibited, restricted and banned goods is quite extensive. Please find them enumerated below.
6.1) Prohibited items
1) Original and Imitation firearms, and parts
2) Clinical and Biological sample
3) Animal Fur
4) Corrosive, Toxic and Bio-hazardous substances
5) Radioactive substances
6) Livestock and Animals
8) Tobacco Products such as Cigarettes and Cigars
9) Cash, Cheques, Credit Cards
10) Jewelry and Gemstones
11) Metal Bullions
12) Antiques and Art over a century old
13) Alcohol and Drugs
15) Cremated Human remains
16) Dry and Wet Ice
17) Edible Oil, Bran and Fodder
18) Endangered Fauna and Flora, Seeds and Flowers
19) Fireworks, Extinguishers and Flammables
20) Compressed, Dissolved or Liquefied gases
21) Lottery Tickets
22) Animal and Human Embryo and Remains
23) Human Corpses, Body Parts, Organs
24) Animal Trophies and Ivory
25) Magnetized Items
26) Pornographic Material
27) Natural Resources - Sand, Ore, Seashell
28) Wood and Wood Pulp Products
6.2) Restricted and Permitted with prior approval from Customs Clearance
1) Beverages containing Alcohol
2) Artificial and Costume Jewellery
3) Auto Parts with fluid
4) Medical Cannabis
5) Tobacco Products exceeding 500,000 Euros
6) Commemorative coins value exceeding 2,000 Euros
7) Loose Pearls
9) Maps and Literature with incorrect boundaries
11) Time sensitive documents
6.3) Dangerous Goods
1) Flammable solids and liquids
4) Toxic Substances
5) Infections Substances
6) Radioactive and corrosive substances
7) Miscellaneous materials
8) Oxidizers and organic peroxides
7) How to Ship and Save With DTDC
Like most shipping companies, DTDC has special offers for occasions, holidays and destinations running on their app. By planning ahead and keeping an eye out for discounts, it is easy to ship and save with DTDC.
With an extensive range of services and the ability to offer custom support, DTDC has the perfect solution for both individuals and businesses who are looking for domestic and international shipping services. No matter the cargo’s size or type, as long as the content is not prohibited of course, DTDC promises to deliver your package with accuracy and speed at a reasonable price tag.
As a popular shipper with strategic tie-ups in over 240 countries, it is convenient to ship with DTDC regardless of whether your package is an intracity document delivery or an oversized and fragile sculpture that you are shipping to someone overseas.
1) Is DTDC Courier fast?
DTDC offers multiple services to suit your budget including a Next Business Day delivery that you can opt for which ensures priority delivery in all major cities and metros.
2) Is DTDC safe for documents?
Like most leading logistics companies, DTDC has services optimized for safe documentation handling and delivery.
3) What is carrier risk in DTDC?
When the shipper has not insured the shipment, DTDC dons the hero’s cape to protect the customer from transit risks for a small coverage charge payable by the customer.
4) Is it safe to courier a laptop through DTDC?
DTDC provides special packaging and services for electronic items to ensure the speedy and safe delivery of laptops and other items.