1) Overview of Courier Companies in Saudi Arabia
The eCommerce boom has hit the world market like a storm and Saudi Arabia is not behind. Currently, eCommerce sales make up 17.5 percent of all retail sales throughout the world. The exponential growth of the eCommerce industry has also facilitated the growth of the logistics and transportation sectors to meet the increased volume of demand and supply.
More and more consumers now expect free and faster deliveries. These demanding shipping expectations challenge the traditional supply chain model. If an eCommerce business wants to survive and strengthen its customer base, it must pay close attention to its post-sales shipping infrastructure or stand to lose valuable customers.
An eCommerce business, however big or small, needs to manage several fronts like product development, marketing, social media, customer service, and others to ensure the overall success of the business. However, in the mix of things, it can be easy to overlook one of the most critical components of a successful business - logistics. Ecommerce courier service providers in Saudi Arabia are an essential part of the business.
They handle the majority of logistics and shipping operations for online businesses. After an order is placed, courier partners handle the manifestation of the order, generation of AWB (airway bills) until the pick-up and drop-off of shipment to the customer. Businesses may rely on them for the storage of inventory, both prior to an order being placed and during transit.
2) Top 10 Best eCommerce Courier Services Provider Companies in Saudi Arabia [Cheapest and Fastest]
2.1) Aramex Courier Services in Saudi Arabia
Aramex has grown rapidly to become a global brand, serving 220+ countries over the world. Aramex currently provides comprehensive logistics and transportation solutions in Saudi Arabia and other countries of the Middle East.
- They provide express courier delivery for both domestic and international shipments.
- Rapid and cost-effective freight shipping services from land, air, and the ocean are also available.
- For businesses that want to start selling online, Aramex partners with eCommerce solution providers like ShopGo and Martjack to help host virtual storefronts, assist in supply chain management, and provide technical support.
2.2) Barq Express eCommerce Courier Company in-Saudi-Arabia
Barq Express , also called Al Barq Express, is an ancillary of the major conglomerate Alafaliq Holding, based in the city of Riyadh. They provide logistics, courier, and delivery services to individual persons as well as eCommerce businesses.
- Their A.I.-driven recommendation engine uses route optimization to chart out possible routes and selects the one with the least amount of traffic congestion so that parcels get delivered in the fastest possible way.
- The Barq Express API integration makes use of one unified express number for tracking shipments all across the region. It sends real-time updates on the status of orders to both enterprises & customers via SMS and Whatsapp messages.
- Barq Express offers hyperlocal services or 2-hour deliveries within select areas of the kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
2.3) Saudi Post Courier Services in Saudi Arabia
Saudi Post (SPL) is the brand name of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, a government-led postal service system in Saudi Arabia.
- They offer two modes of delivery for eCommerce businesses that ship both domestically and internationally- Express and Economy.
- With express shipping, your shipments can be insured beforehand and delivered right to the doorstep of the customer.
- It also allows a shipment weight of up to 30kgs.
- With the economy mode, customers will receive their shipments at their nearest parcel station.
- All orders can be tracked via the SPL online platform and the mobile app.
2.4) UPS eCommerce-Courier Partner in Saudi Arabia
UPS (United Parcel Service) is a transportation and logistics company working in 220+ countries worldwide including Saudi Arabia. It offers innovative solutions to businesses, big and small. It is especially well-known in high-growth areas like healthcare, SMEs, and international markets.
- UPS provides a host of shipping options for eCommerce businesses. Depending on your frequency of sending out shipments, you can choose between the Low Volume Scheme or the Volume Shipping scheme.
- Automated heavyweight global shipping product, WorldShip, oversees the packaging of LTL (Less-than-truckload) and air freight shipments.
- Avail discounts when paying via PayPal, credit cards, or a UPS user account.
2.5) Fetchr eCommerce Courier Delivery Company in Saudi-Arabia
Fetchr is a cloud-based eCommerce logistics platform that is good for any business that looks for flexibility in their courier partners. Fetchr uses advanced logistics technology to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Fetchr is renowned for its superfast delivery in both its hyperlocal and express delivery options.
- Manage your orders and inventory levels, optimize shipping, and keep track of every nitty-gritty logistical detail of your business.
- The platform's predictive analysis tools provide prompts that will help your eCommerce business earn greater profits and revenues.
2.6) SMSA Express Courier Delivery Company in Saudi Arabia
SMSA Express is an express transportation and logistics service provider in Saudi Arabia. It has been working in the region for more than 20 years. It has 200+ retail centers spanning across the kingdom.
- An automated, secure shipping service comes with real-time tracking facilities for deliveries made to home and business addresses.
- The carrier platform sends notifications to customers to ascertain the cause of returns. This aids in keeping RTO% at a minimum.
- Aside from core shipping services, they also cater 3PL services like warehousing and distribution for eCommerce enterprises for proper supply chain management and inventory keeping.
2.7) Careem eCommerce Courier Company
The Dubai-based ride-hailing company, Careem, is a subsidiary of the internationally operational taxi aggregator, Uber. Careem has recently entered the eCommerce courier and logistics sector with the introduction of Careem Express. For now, express shipping options are only available through bike deliveries in Dubai.
- Super-fast deliveries happen within a short time frame of 45-60 minutes.
- Careem's advanced mapping technology finds the shortest route with the lowest traffic bottlenecks to get your shipments to your customers in a time-efficient and cost-efficient manner.
- Stay on top of your game with 24/7 technical support should you find any difficulties in tracking your shipments or managing orders.
2.8) Naqel Express Courier Services Company Saudi-Arabia
Naqel Express provides end-to-end logistics and supply chain management solutions to eCommerce businesses.
- Avail time-definite express shipment deliveries of less than 35kgs all over the world.
- Shipments weighing more than 35kgs can be shipped within Saudi Arabia and other GCC countries.
- They offer personalized sea, land, and air freight services for both imports and exports.
- A freight specialist informs clients of the best routes, schedules, and rates for their shipments.
- With a Customs Clearance License, Naqel Express can clear all international shipments on the clients' behalf.
FedEx is an American multinational delivery services corporation that provides inland and international logistics and shipping solutions to Saudi Arabia.
- Its well-equipped and trained personnel cater outstanding transportation services that can handle high-value weighing up to 68kgs per shipment.
- FedEx manages customs clearances for all your orders shipping outside the country.
- The FedEx Tracking Tool saves all your shipments and lets you track them in real-time from one single interface.
2.10) Zajil Express Courier Services Firm in Saudi Arabia
Zajil Express is one of the most favored shipping partners by eCommerce businesses for its on-time delivery within the cities of Saudi Arabia.
- They offer a plethora of door-to-door shipping services that ensure the pick-up, transport, and delivery of all your shipments.
- Transportation time varies according to the distance your shipment needs to cover.
- Presently, shipments can be delivered within 4 hours for distances less than 500 km, 48 hours for distances more than 500 km, and 72 hours for distances more than 1000 km.
- They can ship orders weighing up to a massive 25 tonnes. However, these orders need to be pre-booked and delivery times have to be prearranged.
- For super urgent deliveries, you can avail of their Super Express Delivery feature that makes use of the Dammam-Riyadh-Jeddah special route to deliver goods before 9 am the next day.
3) Does My Online Business in Saudi Arabia Need An Ecommerce Courier Delivery Service Partner?
Without the help of logistics or shipping partners, eCommerce companies would have to build their own infrastructure to handle deliveries, post-purchase journeys, and ground-level staff, all of which is costly and time-consuming. We know a lot of online businesses are wary of handing over their operations to third-party logistic companies (3PLs) or courier services.
Mainly, because they fear they will lose control or are concerned that courier service providers or aggregators will be more expensive than handling logistics in-house. Well, there are numerous benefits to outsourcing shipping and delivery management to third-party courier providers.
Firstly, these logistics companies provide highly specialized services that an individual business will be hard-pressed to find. These services range from, manpower, A.I.-powered technology, smart analytics, global reach, and shipping expertise.
Secondly, since these companies have economies of scale, they can actually provide you with their shipping and logistic services at far cheaper rates. And lastly, outsourcing the post-purchase logistics to courier companies leaves you to work on your core competencies, i.e, making and selling products, and utilizing opportunities for growth. In short, tying up with courier or shipping service providers will help you make a dent in the global eCommerce market.
4) How to Choose the Best Courier Company in Saudi Arabia for Your eCommerce Business?
Now that you know the best courier service providers in Saudi Arabia and the benefits they can offer your business, it should be easier to make an informed choice. However, every eCommerce business is different and you should consider a few things before hiring one.
4.1) Shipping cost
Beware of lower base prices. While cheaper shipping rates are always attractive, they might not always translate into an overall cheaper shipping expense. Shipping prices in eCommerce can quickly add up. This mainly happens because of weight discrepancies, value-added items, hidden costs, and extra charges on some services, like cash on delivery, and others. To avoid any such unpleasant experience, always contact your courier service provider before hitting go.
In eCommerce, the world is truly your oyster. This means, to scale up operations and gain wider visibility and audience, an online business should try to be on as many e-marketplaces and selling channels as possible. This also means you want your delivery operations to cover a larger geographical area. Looking for courier partners that have a broader network is the first step towards that. However, remember to check in advance if your courier service provider covers all the areas that your target audience lives in.
4.3) Order tracking visibility
Today's customers want both quality and speed in their post-shipping journey. In fact, for most, the post-purchase experience directly affects brand loyalty. Make sure you hire a logistics company that understands this and offers real-time order tracking updates both to you and your customers. A courier company with better tech support would be able to handle GPRS-enabled tracking.
Also, check if they provide branded tracking page services because it goes a long way in building trust and loyalty among customers.
4.4) Speed of delivery
As the Ecommerce industry has grown and become one of the most popular ways to shop, customer demands have also grown. Most customers today expect shipments to be delivered within 3-5 business days. Therefore, you want to make sure that your shipping partner can offer speedy deliveries at competitive rates.
But first, determine what kind of deliveries your business needs. Many courier service providers in Saudi Arabia offer hyperlocal deliveries, while others only offer same-day delivery or next-day delivery (SDD or NDD). Determining your business's unique needs and scope will enable you to make a proper choice.
4.5) RTO Percentage
As your business increases in scope and size, the number of delayed and failed deliveries will also increase. Higher RTO% (Return-To-Origin) is every eCommerce entrepreneur's biggest nightmare. However, choosing the right courier partner can seriously bring down your RTO and failed delivery percentages.
4.6) Returns Management
There is no way you can stop your customers from ever canceling or returning an order. The only thing you can do is ensure that the process of goods traveling back to your warehouse is as smooth as can be.
Make sure your shipping solution provider has a streamlined returns management program that allows orders to be tracked in the reverse journey as well. A courier service provider that has equally strong reverse and forward logistics is a good logistics company to partner with.
4.7) Track Record
A good shipping logistics provider is someone who simplifies the overall shipping experience. Like your customer goes through a dozen reviews before selecting your product, similarly, you should also talk to a few users of the courier company you wish to before actually hiring them.
4.8) Special shipping services
Now, this varies from industry to industry but some courier service companies offer specialty services like temperature-controlled transit and weather-resistant packaging, or secured delivery and insurance. Since this is not a requirement for all online businesses, you will need to speak with your delivery service provider to ascertain if they offer such specialized services.
Sometimes the people we work with make all the difference. This rings true in the case of partnerships between eCommerce companies and logistics providers. Now that we have helped you narrow down the list of courier service provider companies in Saudi Arabia to the top 10, we hope the decision would be easier to make. Considering all of the above factors and looking at your business needs closely will give you the answer you are looking for.