1) What is a "Subscription app" and How does it work?
We're big fans of lifecycle marketing and boosting your customer lifetime value by increasing the amount of repeat sales, as you're probably aware. Setting up a subscription service is the quickest approach to increase your repeat conversion rate. Almost any business, in our opinion, can be a subscription business. There's no excuse not to use Shopify Subscription Apps, whether it's to create a subscription box for your beauty line or a simple refill subscription for your coffee brand.
Shopify Subscription Apps are beneficial since they allow customers to automate purchases by setting up recurring payments on a regular basis. This business strategy eliminates one-time purchases, improves client retention, makes it easy for customers to acquire things they like, and helps your online store create predictable revenue.
2) Top Shopify Subscription Apps2.1) Recurpay: Subscriptions App
2.2) Appstle Subscription
2.3) PayWhirl Subscription Payments
2.4) Bold Subscriptions
2.6) SpurIT’s Subscription & Recurring Order
2.9) Subscription and Recurring Order
3) Detailed Review Of Subscription Apps
3.1) Recurpay: Subscriptions App
Shopify Rating: 4.9
The Recurpay app for Shopify will help you configure your subscription payments with customizable options and multi-language support. This subscription app enables your customers to cancel, reschedule and change products in their accounts without the need to contact you.
You can automate bills for the customer card regarding recurring orders effectively. With Recurpay, you can keep your customers updated on their subscription progress through email and Whatsapp notifications. Furthermore, this subscription app is free of cost until you can make $100 dollars in subscriptions every month.
- Recurpay subscription app offers proactive and efficient customer support than can be highly reliable.
- This subscription app is easy to install with a hassle-free onboarding process.
- Recurpay Subsription app is a fairly new app on the market but does not have any issues to date.
3.2) Appstle Subscription
Shopify Rating - 5.0
Appstle agrees, and even offers a free plan that allows you to grow your subscriber base while learning how to use Appstle's performance tracker, personalised notifications, and automatic churn reduction features. There are no transaction or monthly fees for creating and managing up to 50 subscriptions at once.
- Appstle's help services is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Appstle's customer service staff also offers multi-channel help via chat, email, and phone to accommodate your schedule at any time.
- The level of support and attention went down considerably.
- Also, sometimes service, response times are pathetic.
3.3) PayWhirl Subscription Payments
Shopify Rating - 4.9
PayWhirl isn't in the business of juggling numerous service packages that mix and match services based on their perceived worth. PayWhirl's features will cover all of the essentials and then some. White label widgets keep your company as the customer's single point of contact throughout the process, with specific styling that matches your brand.
- The best review for this app is that it has a great customer service portal.
- Some of the features that were not available on the app have been dealt with very effectively as soon as possible by the customer service.
- PayWhirl says that a free plan is available to use but after installation, it shows that the features can be used for 14 more days.
- After that you have to pay a subscription fee.
3.4) Bold Subscriptions
Shopify Rating - 4.4
The Bold platform is designed for power users who want to push every detail to perfection, and it makes that possible! Strong analytics populate the dashboard with information such as shopping trends, consumer preferences, how they arrived at your site, and everything in between. Customers can create an account to manage their subscriptions, and the customer portal can be customized as well.
It is very easy to move the subscription services over to their new website. This is done perfectly by the support team, which is very efficient in their work.
Sometimes the customer service portal does not work because of the pressure. It can make you wait upto about 4 weeks.
Shopify Rating - 4.8
Native excels at focusing on value and removing the excess fat that may be found on some subscription service platforms. Customers can skip, suspend, or cancel subscriptions, as well as alter personal information such as address or payment, all on their own time, thanks to an easy-to-use client site.
- Native has a half-hour Zoom meeting with you that you must book after the app is installed.
- You may tell them everything you want about how the programme should work, and Native will install it appropriately for you at the same time.
- The only problems the customers face is that they are being charged every 6 days while on the weekly setting.
- This issue has been ripping off the subscribers.
3.6) SpurIT’s Subscription & Recurring Order
Shopify Rating - 4.5
SpurIT's Subscription & Recurring Order method for subscription billing and payments is more manual but more customizable. Customers never have to create an account or log in to start a subscription using the invoice route, which means there are no transaction fees for subscriptions.
- The widget is entirely customisable to match and function with 95% of Shopify's themes, making it accessible to practically every business currently active.
- Subscribers are notified when invoices are due, allowing them to make sure payment is available.
- Everything seems fine with this app but there have been many instances where customers faced glitches that caused them a lot of problems. This resulted in losing many subscribers too.
Shopify Rating - 4.8
The Skio platform allows for group subscriptions and discounts. Customer subscriptions are not disrupted, and payment method data is not lost during the transition from ReCharge. Skio makes building and updating subscriptions significantly faster than the competitors by utilising modern frameworks and React/Next.js technology.
- The customers showed great interest in working with Skio saying they had a great experience, claiming to be better than the ReCharge app.
- Skio is also very vast in its own field.
- Some of the things that Skio is missing are core functionality, such as exporting customers, limited variable data for notifications, limited ability to set rules around charge dates.
Shopify Rating - 4.6
Assemble's platform has no branding, ensuring that your clients have a consistent experience. A mixed cart makes the checkout process easier for the customer, which leads to more conversions and sales because they are less likely to abandon their basket due to irritation. You may also book a free onboarding call with the team to get up and running quickly.
- Set up is done for the customers fast and without an issue.
- Fits in with the theme perfectly. Simple to use and Fantastic support- fast and friendly.
- Assemble app had some issues with exporting the data which helped in migrating to the new subscription app.
3.9) Subscription and Recurring Order
Shopify Rating: 4.5
This subscription app provides automated subscriptions for your recurring payments and orders. This app is fully customizable according to your requirements. The subscription and Recurring order app wil help you streamline all the recurring billing and invoicing. Moreover, you can also comfortably scale up your subscription with this app.
Another helpful aspect is the data analysis option that will provide important insights into your customer subscriptions. The subscription and Recurring order app lets customer cancel their subscription conveniently whenever necessary without complications. Furthermore, you can send email notifications to your customer for any updates.
- The customer support for this Subscription app is highly reliable, with 24/7 support.
- The subscription and Recurring order app is an easy to install free app with a user-friendly design.
- Not a lot of options available for payment modes with this subscription app.
Shopify Rating - 4.8
ReCharge simplifies the subscription process for you, while your consumers benefit from a rapid checkout, which allows them to sign up for a subscription with little more work than a regular checkout. ReCharge is simple to set up and customize, allowing you to build the right subscription alternatives for your business.ReCharge is, without a doubt, the best solution for most Shopify stores.
- ReCharge app's customer service is very good, being helpful with any of the requests as soon as possible.
- Also, the setup of this app is very normal and easy, taking less time comparatively.
- There are complaints about the ReCharge app itself being glitchy at times. For that reason, many couldn't update their subscriptions.
- And sometimes the app doesn't even work properly.
4) Selecting the Best Shopify Subscription App
Rating is one of the most important factors to consider when selecting an app. Nothing could be more accurate than consumer reviews from those who have used the software. All of our customer reviews for the finest Shopify subscription apps are listed here. Of course, no software is perfect, but all of these apps have at least 100 customer reviews and a 4-star rating. These are the greatest and most popular options.
We rank these apps based on the search page's rating in addition to customer reviews. In fact, in order to get high ranks on the Shopify Appstore, an application must meet a number of criteria, including not just a good rating but also features, content, and the number of installations. As a result, when selecting the top 5 applications listed below, this is also a point to consider.
4.3) Features and Price
Furthermore, before you decide to utilize any premium apps, you should think about your budget. We looked into the applications below and discovered that they all offered free trials and that the monthly fee is well worth the features they provide. As a result, you should select the appropriate application for your online business based on the purpose of use.
You're undoubtedly curious about how the app can benefit your Shopify store. That's why we choose the apps with the most comprehensive and strong subscription features with great consideration. The applications' most noteworthy features include -
- Increase the amount of people who sign up.
- Gain the trust of your customers.
- Customizable to the max.
- Other advanced capabilities include email and customer notifications, the ability to design.
- A/B test campaigns, automation and synchronisation, and more.
4.4) Provider's Reputation
In fact, together with the other three variables, this is an important consideration. When it comes to selecting programmes, many individuals are unconcerned about the supplier. However, the supplier's reputation should be taken into account when minimising dangers during use. Furthermore, by determining the provider, you may determine if the application's customer care is adequate.
5) Overall Recommendation
This post examines the finest subscription applications and gives you the knowledge you need to start your own subscription business.
Keeping in mind the factors for selecting the right Shopify Subscription Apps, you can choose from the mentioned apps in this article.
If you are new to this platform, go for the top rated subscription apps on Shopify. You won't be disappointed. And if you have been on this platform for a while, then you would know about every Apps' pros and cons. Selecting some of the best Shopify subscription apps has gotten easier with this article. Everything you need to know about the apps has been given here in detail.
6.1) Which are the best Subscription Apps for Shopify?
Some of the best Subscription Apps for Shopify are ReCharge, Appstle Subscription, PayWhirl Subscription Payments, Bold Subscriptions, Native, SpurIT’s Subscription & Recurring Order, Skio, Assemble, etc.
6.2) How to choose the best Shopify Subscription app?
Choosing the right subscription apps for Shopify requires you to consider some points, which are, Rating, Ranking, Features and Prices and Provider's Reputation.