1) What is a 'Product customization App for Shopify' and How Does It Work?
Personalization has always been a critical factor in determining the efficacy of eCommerce experiences, and product customization is an essential gear in the eCommerce personalization wheel. A range of product customization applications for Shopify is accessible in the 'Shopify App Store.'
Product customization entails selling goods that have had their colors, materials, and features adjusted to meet the buyer's needs. In the case of customization, the company offers the buyer several alternatives from which to choose. You may provide any number of logos, clip art, or other graphics to be embroidered or printed on the finished garment using a sophisticated product customization platform. These product customization applications have fully adjustable features like responsive design, bespoke 2D – 3D photos, multi-language support, conditional logic, and unlimited personalization settings.
Clickpost has handpicked some of the best Shopify product customization apps in this article to assist your eCommerce store stand out from competitors.
2) Top Shopify Product customizer Apps
3) Detailed Review of Product Customization Apps
3.1) Product Customizer app
The Product Customizer app provides your consumers with a plethora of personalization tools. Customers may use the app's complete customization options by using exciting features such as file uploads, drop-down menus, and text fields.
With infinite possibilities, Product Customizer makes operating a shop easier. With the Product Customizer app, you may boost revenue by charging per option. You may increase sales per order without adding additional SKUs by setting more variations. These include a custom swatch picker, a Google Fonts picker, custom file uploads, a calendar date selector, radio buttons, drop-down menus, and checkbox choices – allowing you to tailor your goods and site pages.
It's worth mentioning here that your store must be well-built in order to support product customisations in real-time. A Shopify store design app can revamp your old store and make it swanky in a matter of minutes.
- Product Customizer, unlike other applications, does not rely on third-party services. This feature improves the performance and scalability of your business.
- Product Customizer also supports sophisticated theme features that work with any design template.
- Many customers faced issues regarding the smooth running of the application.
- Some users find the user interfaces of the latest updated version of the app complicated.
3.2) Bold Product Builder
Bold Product Builder assists small and medium-sized business owners in resolving consumer relations issues. Customers on your website may now build or customize the items they desire and alter the products that are already accessible.
While clients create their items, photos of the finished products are presented to offer them a better perspective. Bold Product Builder also applies conditional logic to make the other processes flow more smoothly in preparation for the actual sale. Users may also track shop inventories with Bold Product Builder. The application automatically allocates the price of the goods.
- The Bold Product Builder app allows you to apply a price to every new product instantly and manage inventories. However, for the app to automate, you must link the product to a specific variety in your shop.
- Consumers get to choose between 2D and 3D preview graphics of products.
- Many customers faced issues with product image uploading features of the app.
- Most of their characteristics are available with the paid plan.
3.3) Zakeke Product Customizer
Zakeke Product Customizer is another app that allows clients to modify any product in your business to their specifications. Consumers may customize products with text such as their names, logos, phrases, etc. Also, the app allows customers to select from a range of colors and materials. You can use a Shopify Instagram feed app to display your products directly on the website.
The Zakeke Product Customizer application also gives users real-time 3D pictures of the thing they have developed. Customers finally receive precisely what they want so that Shopify store owners can relax about refunds, complaints, and reviews. You may add and manage multiple commerce channels to your Zakeke account.
- The Zakeke Product Customizer app provides scope for Product configuration. Customers may also create alternative versions of their items by swapping out components and elements and modifying the colors and materials.
- Store owners may set their pricing for each customization.
- Poor customer service.
- Many customers faced issues with the user interface of the application.
3.4) Inkybay app
The Inkybay app allows visiting consumers to use their imagination to create the things they want. Customers can see precisely what they are altering and how the finished product will appear with the app's real-time product visualization.
Inkybay provides product customization choices for every good, including garments, promotional things, customized items, business-related products, and so on. Inkybay also offers a clipart and typeface collection for customers to use in their product designs. They also provide everything from the backend, such as production-ready vector files such as SVG, JPG, PDF, and PNG files.
- Inkybay delivers production-ready files with product setup and design information to Shopify Store Owners.
- Price choices are dynamic, with customizable pricing options based on design choices.
- Many customers faced issues with the smooth running of the application.
- Some users faced technical problems with the app.
3.5) Qstomizer app
The Qstomizer App is ideal for Shopify business owners who sell clothing, phone cases, coffee mugs, posters, business cards, keyrings, wall hangings, and other items that customizers can personalize. Customers may use this app to add any text, photographs, clipart, logos, phrases, and so forth they wish. Qstomizer app also allows multi-language usage, automated language identification, and a translation tool, allowing clients to add their preferred language.
The Qstomizer app allows Shopify Store owners to establish custom pricing based on text or picture size, shape, and color. The automated filters on clients' photographs are the app's most attractive feature. They can change the photos to suit their needs. You will find that a Shopify printing app can remarkably lessen your burden and help you print amazing designs on T-shirts, mugs and more.
- The Qstomizer App is compatible with any laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
- Poor customer service.
- Most of their features are available with the paid plan.
3.6) Infinite Options app
The Infinite Options app allows users to customize their purchases by engraving, monogramming, printing bespoke messages, and more. Customers may personalize their items in the text, numbers, dates, and other ways by using the Infinite Options application. Infinite Options offers a product bundle option to help you increase sales on Shopify by charging extra fees on certain elements.
All of your items' fields may be configured as optional or compulsory. You can also adjust your store's placeholder and default settings, which is helpful for you and your customers throughout the product customization process.
- The Infinite Options app lets users create an infinite number of product customization possibilities.
- Increase sales by using the product bundle function.
- Some users faced difficulties while setting up the app.
- Many customers faced issues with the smooth running of the application.
3.7) Zepto Product personalization app
Product Personalizer by Zepto Apps is one of the most effective product customization solutions available today. With this application, you can provide your consumers with many solutions for personalizing your products. The app uses an automatic translator; you may instantly convert text components from any language into your own, allowing you to manage your store better.
Zepto Product Personalizer, when combined with bulk actions, allows you to complete every step on just one page, saving you time and effort. Finally, Product Personalizer may be configured to prevent redirecting to the product page by including an inline customization button, a popup window, or a direct field.You can also handle returns and exchange of orders by using Shopify returns apps .
- Translation tools are available in the Zepto Product Personalizer app.
- Bulk actions are now accessible.
- Some customers faced issues with the smooth running of the application.
- This app is incompatible with Shopify 2.0 unless you have extensive coding knowledge.
3.8) Customify - Product Customizer app
Customify - Product Customizer enables users to upload an infinite number of photos. Your users can save the personalized products they've created to return later, giving them plenty of time to determine whether or not to place an order. Clients are also at ease when they can watch the live previews of the items offered by this app. As a result, they can ensure that those interested in purchasing are in the greatest possible condition.
If your consumers are located in different nations, the Customify - Product Customizer application will give them a translation tool to translate into their native languages. As a result, it ensures that clients from all over the world may benefit from this app.
- The Customify - Product Customizer app delivers live previews to clients to show how the item appears.
- Provides a translation tool for your consumers to use.
- Some users faced issues with the server of the application.
- Poor customer service.
3.9) Custom Product Builder
This product customizer app helps you build your own product with some additional premium features. That includes product personalizer, preview, inventory management, bundle builder and dimensions calculator. This app is very suitable for designing clothes, accessories, gifts, neon signs, furniture, etc. You can upload any image or artwork and personalize it with highly customized tools.
Text engraving is available for wholesale products. You can set a quantity breakdown for offering price discounts based on the size of the purchase. Furthermore, you can break down and organize orders easily with the Custom Product Builder app.
- The reasonable price for the paid subscription of this app is quite attractive, considering the range of custom options available.
- Customer service is top-notch with the Custom Product Builder app.
- There can be a lot of glitches in the software, which can result in a lot of downtime issues.
3.10) Custom Product Options
This product customizer app helps you improve the buying experience for your customer. Custom Product options provides you with a range of customizations, including a live preview window that lets your customers preview the changes they made to their products. You can utilize bulk actions to manage higher volumes of orders and set unlimited product views and angles.
Some of the product options available with this app are monograms, custom fonts, colour swatches, product builders, checkboxes, etc. Moreover, with the help of a logic editor, you can build a complex product builder by nominating different values to the product. Furthermore, customers do not have to be redirected to a different page for product personalization due to the option of placing a customization button within the product page.
- Customer service is very reliable with the Custom Product Options app, enhanced by 24/7 live chat support.
- This app makes it easy to set up detailed product presentations with image uploads, and the customization options are quick with instant results.
There can be installation and downtime issues with the Custom Product Options app.
4) Selecting the Best Product Customizer App
It is said that content is king. Customization comes in a close second. So it's evident that your Shopify business will need to provide product customization at some point. However, each business and industry has its own set of requirements. We understand how difficult it may be to select the best Product customization app. When installing a new Shopify Product customizer app, here's a brief checklist of factors to look for:
Perhaps an essential factor to consider when selecting a Product Customization Shopify app for your online business is integration. You don't want an app that is just compatible with Magento or WooCommerce . To avoid difficulties, see if other Shopify customers have used these apps or contact the app authors before upgrading.
4.2) Customer care:
A product plagued with flaws is something you want to avoid. Please make sure that the product you select is always operational and that the personnel behind it is attentive and helpful whenever you want it.
The initial cost of the application and any recurring charges should be a significant consideration for you. It's worth noting that most product customization applications use a freemium pricing model, with certain critical services offered for free and the rest priced extra.
While Shopify companies trying to preserve their existing market share may not require scalability, those delivering premium products should work with a platform that can allow future expansion. They also provide higher quality 3D images, which is necessary for high-end merchandise firms.
4.5) User Interface
We suggest selecting user-friendly Shopify applications since these apps will be with your business for a long time, and if they hamper the growth of your business, it is not an app you should use. Applications that take longer to load and need regular assistance from the customer care team should be avoided.
5) Overall Recommendation
Within 'how people consume' items, it is evident that 'what they consume' will also change. While most individuals follow trends, they want to add their spin to them. Product Customizer Apps can help with this. Shopify Store Owners may not only sell flawlessly personalized items with the correct Product Customizer App, but they can also help establish trends in the process.
If you are searching for an all-rounder Product Customizer app for your online store, consider apps like the Product Customizer app. Applications like Bold Product Builder collaborates with small and medium enterprises to resolve customer relations challenges. Qstomizer app and Customify - Product Customizer app provides unlimited options for personalizing products. Zepto is one of the most prominent product customizer apps offering translation tools to help your business go global.
1. Which are the best Product Customizer apps for Shopify?
The best Product Customizer app for your Shopify store depends on your specific requirements and the size of your business. Popular choices are Product Customizer app, Zepto, Qstomizer, Bold Product Builder, Customify - Product Customizer app, etc.
2. How to choose the best Shopify Product Customizer app for your ecommerce business?
Choosing the best Shopify Product Customizer app requires considering several aspects, including the size of your business, the app's subscription fee, the features offered, customer support, and so on. Before you select the best Shopify Product Customizer app, it would be beneficial to examine the app's user interface and the customization features provided.