1) Overview of Order Tracking Software
The eCommerce industry has witnessed dramatic growth in the previous decade. One of the biggest reasons that eCommerce companies have been able to grow at such rates is the development of technology. The use of advanced solutions has helped online sellers get their products noticed and delivered to the customers, faster and more efficiently. As the industry has scaled, so have the needs of the consumers, creating demand for more intuitive solutions.
Since the eCommerce industry relies on logistics companies to get their products in the hands of customers, logistics is one industry that has witnessed its direct impact. As a result of the growth of the eCommerce sector, the logistics industry has developed tremendously, creating advanced solutions to help improve the online shopping experience. One such capability that stands out in the world of eCommerce logistics is order tracking.
Advanced eCommerce order tracking software allows businesses to track their orders and manage them while they are en route. This enables businesses to resolve any exceptions that may crop during transit and even offers customers a chance to know the status of their orders. In this article, we discuss the best eCommerce order tracking solutions available in the market and what they have to offer.
2) Top 10 Best Order Tracking Software in eCommerce [2022 Updated List]
The logistics software market has been flooded with several tracking solutions. This makes it confusing for businesses to assess which solutions are best suited for their needs. Therefore, here is a list of the 10 best tracking software to help businesses choose the right solutions provider.
2.1) ClickPost Order Tracking Software for eCommerce
ClickPost is a logistics intelligence platform that allows multi-carrier integration to improve logistics performance for eCommerce businesses. The platform is integrated with more than 150 logistics companies as well as leading digital storefront solutions including Shopify , Magento , and BigCommerce . ClickPost offers an integrated tracking solution that allows users to receive all tracking-related information from every integrated logistics partner through a single dashboard.
- ClickPost allows businesses to get every detail related to their orders through a single location.
- The platform presents tracking information from all logistics partners integrated through the platforms.
- The platform allows businesses to communicate with their customers on the completion of certain milestones during the delivery process.
- The platform is capable of communicating with customers through multiple communication channels to avoid WISMO (Where Is My Order) calls .
- The platform allows businesses to improve the post-purchase experience for customers through a branded tracking page.
- This also provides sellers with after-sales marketing opportunities.
2.2) AfterShip Order Delivery Tracking Software
AfterShip is a shipping automation solution that allows eCommerce businesses to track and manage their orders. The solution is integrated with more than 800 domestic and international logistics service providers and serves more than 10,000 brands around the world. AfterShip allows businesses to improve visibility and communication with their customers through its platform and processes an average of 6 billion shipments through its platform every day.
- AfterShip provides branded tracking capabilities to businesses allowing them to improve customer experience.
- The platform offers actionable insights that allow businesses to assess their shipping performance and manage.
- The solution enables post-purchase communications with customers through branded emails and notifications.
- The platform generates reports and analytics for businesses to gauge the performance of their delivery operations.
2.3) MetaPack eCommerce Order Tracking Software
MetaPack is a delivery management software that allows businesses to create customized tracking pages for their websites. The platform is integrated with over 400 shipping and logistics companies throughout the world. MetaPack helps more than 4900 businesses create branded tracking experiences for customers throughout the world. The platform is also integrated with multiple digital storefronts and platforms.
- MetaPack helps businesses improve engagement with their brand by allowing users to create branded tracking pages.
- The platform uses advanced analytics and AI to predict probable queries regarding the delivery and helps eliminate them. This reduces the amount of WISMO calls that a business receives.
- The branded tracking pages also allow businesses to expand their marketing efforts by providing an additional sales channel.
- Through MetaPack businesses create different tracking pages for sub-brands and regional versions of the website.
2.4) Shippo Order Tracking Software for eCommerce
Shippo is a carrier management system that allows businesses to handle shipping operations and tracking items across multiple logistics partners. The platform helps over 100,000 brands around the world and processes over 100 million orders every year. Shippo is integrated with over 50 shipping and logistics companies along with several digital storefronts and leading eCommerce platforms.
- Shippo allows businesses to manage multiple orders placed with different shipping companies through a single dashboard.
- The platform allows users to sync order and tracking information to improve efficiency.
- The platform allows businesses to build branded tracking pages to enhance customer experience.
2.5) Narvar Order Tracking Software Solution
Narvar is a shipping management solution operating mainly in North America and Europe. The platform is integrated with more than 300 carriers from around the world that connect businesses with customers in 38+ countries. Narvar is also integrated with more than 50 order management systems and processes over 5 billion orders every single year. It serves more than 125 million end consumers annually.
- Narvar enables post-purchase engagement through branded tracking pages that can be altered depending on the context of the user.
- The platform allows businesses to send regular notifications to customers regarding the status of their orders.
- The solution is capable of generating comprehensive reports to help businesses assess the performance of their deliveries.
2.6) ShipStation Order Tracking Software for eCommerce
ShipStation is an automation platform for eCommerce shipping. The platform helps businesses manage and track their orders to handle order fulfillment and processing. ShipStation is integrated with more than 83 logistics companies from around the world and serves over 100,000 clients. It is also integrated with 34+ digital storefronts and eCommerce platforms.
- ShipStation helps businesses track orders in transit and helps create schedules for pickup and delivery.
- The platform enables the creation of branded tracking pages that can also be used as additional sales channels for companies.
- ShipStation helps businesses remain connected with their customers through regular notifications about the status of their orders.
2.7) FreightPop Order Tracking Software for eCommerce
FreightPop is a logistics management platform that helps businesses plan, manage and track their freight and shipments. It offers integrated solutions to help businesses reduce delays between multiple processes. FreightPop’s platform supports over 300 domestic as well as international logistics companies to help businesses reach customers locally and globally.
- FreightPop offers both inbound and outbound tracking information that can be filtered based on several parameters.
- The platform sends out notifications to customers regarding the status of the delivery.
- The platform also enables visibility for 3PL solutions.
- The platform is capable of delivering real-time tracking updates to businesses and customers.
2.8) Shipway eCommerce Order Tracking Software
Shipway is an eCommerce automation platform that allows businesses to streamline their order management and shipping operations. It uses AI to automate and prevent fraud and help businesses execute deliveries seamlessly. Shipway is integrated with more than 600 carriers and works with over 12,000 brands in the domestic and international markets. It tracks almost 200,000 orders every day and has sent over 500 million notifications till now.
- Shipway helps businesses build branded tracking pages for a better user experience.
- The platform delivers real-time and prompt notifications about the status of the order.
- The platform reaches customers using multiple channels to increase the chances of getting connected. This helps businesses reduce the amount of WISMO calls.
- The platform generates comprehensive reports on the performance of carriers and helps reduce RTO rates.
ShipWell is a transportation management system that allows businesses to improve the visibility of their orders while in transit. It is a cloud-based platform that tracks over 36 million location data points and almost 1 million drivers every day.
- ShipWell enables real-time tracking of products through the use of data from ELDs and mobile devices.
- The platform uses notifications to communicate the status of the order during transit.
- The platform also offers a managed service team for high-quality customer support.
2.10) ShippyPro Best Software for Order Tracking in eCommerce
ShippyPro is an eCommerce shipping-management platform. It enables order management, returns management as well as tracking for online sellers. The platform is integrated with more than 163 carriers and over 70 channels for driving sales.
- ShippyPro allows businesses to deliver tracking information to customers through branded emails, notifications and more.
- This gives businesses the opportunity to improve the post-purchase experience.
- The platform offers a unified dashboard to monitor and manage the deliveries.
3) How to Choose the Best Order Tracking Software for Your Online eCommerce Business
Owing to the number of choices available, it can become difficult to choose an eCommerce order tracking software company. So here are some parameters to check before deciding which partner to choose for your enterprise.
The area serviced by a software company is important to understand. When choosing software, it is important to check if the software company covers your target area or the area you operate in. Further, the coverage for a partner must be fairly large to allow a business to grow without hindrance. Software must be able to cover current and prospective markets, with scope for expansion of the clientele.
Cost is a critical determinant of the right partner for a company. While choosing the ideal solutions provider, always understand the cost of services associated with it. A solution that is too expensive can create a dent in the revenues and profitability of the business. However, an option that is significantly cheaper than market standards is likely to offer poor service and quality. Therefore, an ideal partner is a provider which is reasonably priced with a decent service.
3.3) Services and add-ons
The services provided by a software company are an important factor. While a business may only look at specific solutions, a provider that offers a suite of offerings is a good choice for an enterprise. Multiple services availed from the same partner improve cost-effectiveness. Another factor to consider is value-added services which are great supplementary solutions for a business. They can offer additional functionality at an additional cost, subject to the requirements of a business.
Customer service is an important deciding factor when it comes to choosing a partner. Therefore, when choosing an order tracking solution for an eCommerce business, it is important to choose a partner which offers reliable customer support service. The support team must always be reachable and easily accessible and equipped to answer the queries of an enterprise instantly.
3.5) Past Performance
A great way to assess if a partner is right for a business or not is to look at its historic performance. Reviews and an assessment of the past clientele of a software provider gives great insight into the quality of service. While reviews are an indicator of how well the service performs, knowing more about the past clientele reveals its experience and capacity to handle new business requirements.
4) Final Conclusion about Order Tracking Software
As the eCommerce industry continues to grow, demand for advanced solutions that improve efficiency and the online shopping experience grows as well. Such demand invites innovation and motivates companies to create new solutions to supplement the needs of the business economy. Solutions such as order tracking software have allowed businesses to solve issues with the transit of an item as well as resolve consumer anxiety, creating a better online shopping experience. Therefore, to keep a competitive edge in the market, it is important to assess the needs of a business and use solutions that offer improved efficiency.
1. Which is the best Order Tracking Software for eCommerce Companies?
eCommerce order tracking software enables businesses to track and manage their orders while they are in transit. These are the top 5 eCommerce order tracking solutions available in the market- 1) ClickPost, 2) AfterShip, 3) Narvar, 4) Shippo, and 5) ShipStation.
Several of these offer a variety of delivery and tracking options. Some shipping alternatives are more cost-effective, while others offer the best Order Tracking, post-purchase, and last-mile delivery experience for your customers.
2. How to choose the best Order Tracking Software for eCommerce Companies?
If you're looking for the best Order Tracking Software, keep these items in mind. The first aspect is the logistics platform's serviceability. It's critical that the software caters to your specific service zones and is capable of handling your order volume.
Second, the various services available and whether or not they will assist you in achieving your business objectives. The tracking speed and complete visibility supplied is the third factor to consider. This shows how effective the software is in providing real-time tracking data. Finally, look at the price of the software and make sure it includes all of the features you'll need to save money on your running costs.
|ClickPost||2015||Gurgaon, India||Naman Vijay, Prashant Gupta||100+||US, UK, India, Canada, Australia, Japan, Singapore and more||$2.4M|
|Aftership||2011||Hong Kong||Teddy Chan , Andrew Chan||120+||United States, United Kingdom, India||$7.5M|
|MetaPack||1999||London, UK||Marcin Wójcicki, Patrick Wall||200||United States, United Kingdom, India||$46.4M|
|Shippo||2013||San Francisco The United States of America (U.S.A. or USA)||Laura Behrens Wu Simon Kreuz Max Diez||260+||US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Australia||$64.4M|
|Narvar||2012||The United States of America (U.S.A. or USA)||Amit Sharma||312||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific||$38.6M|
|ShipStation||2011||Austin, Texas||Jason Hodges, Byron Weir||270+||U.S., Canada, Australia, and the UK||$39.9M|
|Kurt Johnson||50+||US, United Kingdom (UK), India, Japan||$4.3M|
|Shipway||2015||Gurugram, India||Gaurav Gupta, Vikas Garg||150||United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan||$2.8M|
|ShipWell||2016||Austin, Texas||Gregory Price||200||India, US||$21.8M|
|ShippyPro||2106||European Union||Francesco Borghi, Lorenzo Rogai||50||United States, United Kingdom, India, Japan||$2.5M|