What is a "Multi-Vendor app" and How does it work?
A multi-vendor eCommerce platform is an online marketplace where many merchants can sign up, establish profiles, and list products for sale. Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, and other multi-vendor platforms are some of the best examples now available.
The multi-vendor eCommerce marketplace, on the other hand, has numerous advantages for both users and suppliers. This platform allows suppliers to simply upload and manage their products in a hassle-free manner. This type of platform is low-cost and has a strong online presence.
Shopify's Multi-Vendor Marketplace is a fantastic solution for turning your store into a fully functional marketplace. It makes adding sellers and keeping track of their sales much easier. Sellers can set up their own store with a range of items. Individual and worldwide commissions for all vendors can be easily established by the administrator.
E-commerce is a rapidly growing industry that currently accounts for a large portion of all purchases. New ideas and tactics are always encouraged in this business to assist dealers in increasing their sales.
Top Shopify Multi-Vendor Apps
- Marketplace in a Box
- Ship Turtle Multi-Vendor
- Multi-Vendor Marketplace
- Order Fulfillment Guru
- Vendor Den
- Vendor Consignment
- Vendor Payout
- Multi Seller Marketplace
Detailed Review Of Multi Vendor Apps
Shopify Rating - 3.8
Jetti is a multi-purpose tool that simplifies the management of your multi-vendor marketplace. It allows you to place orders straight into your vendors' stores and integrates with all major platforms to make paying merchants and inventory synchronisation easier, among other things.
The app's foundation allows you to manage inventory across several warehouses, allowing you to automate all in-house and dropshipping (i.e. vendor orders) activities.
- Creates a dashboard that gives vendors the confidence to utilise your store.
- Creates separate shipping and commission rules for each seller.
- Service has been terrible, delayed or no replies seem to be the norm here.
- Overall it's a good concept but needs work, documentation, and better support to suit enterprise clients with multiple vendor setups, sales channels, etc.
2. Marketplace In a Box
Shopify Rating - 3.4
This tool is quite flexible, allowing you to approach each seller in a unique way. You can establish multiple commission rates for each vendor, as well as separate commission rates based on product category or a mix of both.
You may quickly invite vendors to join your site, import vendors, or add a vendor registration link anywhere on your website to help develop your vendors' company.
Vendors have access to their own accounts as well. From their dashboard, they may manage their profile, items, orders, and fulfillment.
- Allows for stock synchronisation between vendor and customer sites.
- Vendors have their own dashboard where they can execute a variety of functions.
- According to reviews, the support is terrible/non-existent.
- App lacks basic functionality to support multiple vendors, such as printing shipping labels for sold orders.
3. Ship Turtle Multi Vendor
Shopify Rating - 4.5
Ship Turtle Multi Vendor is one of those multi vendor apps that is well rated on the Shopify app store, with a perfect rating.
Ship Turtle Multi Vendor has a lot of features that will help your multi-vendor website work smoothly.
- Create hundreds of labels and invoices in a matter of seconds.
- Use Rate APIs to save money by balancing charges and avoiding inaccurate dispatches.
- Once again, some of the reviews say that the customer service is very bad.
- There is no vendor payment option in the dashboard.
4. Multi-Vendor Marketplace
Shopify Rating - 4.2
This programme is a fantastic way to ensure that you can create a successful, profitable, and appealing marketplace for sellers. You can establish a global commission rate for all sellers in your shop, but you can also create different commission rates for individual sellers or by product category.
As an administrator, you can allocate existing products to sellers and choose whether they can sell physical or digital items (or both). You can also add new goods and providers to your store in bulk. A unique reminder tool that checks in on the progress of fulfilment with vendors aids customer service.
- There are payment alternatives that allow the admin and seller to divide the proceeds.
- Vendors can hold product auctions.
- The app is buggy, and you will need to be babysitting the code every week.
- Customer support is extremely slow to respond.
5. Order Fulfillment Guru
Shopify Rating - 5
Order Fulfillment Guru is one of those multi vendor apps that is well rated on the Shopify app store, with a perfect 5 rating.
Order Fulfillment Guru has a lot of features that will help your multi-vendor website work smoothly.
- Orders are automatically split and sent to numerous vendors (or ever drop shippers).
- Orders to suppliers and carriers can be sent in a variety of ways.
- Overall, it is a good app, but sometimes the app becomes a bit glitchy.
Shopify Rating - 4.7
This isn't the same as a multi-vendor marketplace software, but it does have some of the same order management tools, which might make it a useful addition. This app connects your Duoplane account to your Shopify store, allowing you to communicate with all of your dropshipping suppliers and 3PL warehouses in an automated manner.
This enables you to spend more time growing and expanding your business, earning more money while doing less backend labour. All orders can be adjusted to ensure that they are sent to the provider in the correct format, whether that is PDF, CSV, JSON, or another.
- You and your suppliers may use a professional dashboard to manage your relationship and orders more successfully.
- Create visible messages on orders so you can stay in touch with your vendors.
- There is no live chat or phone support.
- Messages take at best a few hours to be responded to.
7. Vendor Den
Shopify Rating - 1
When vendors get orders on your marketplace, you can utilize VendorDen to split and pay them the necessary amounts. This app is only available in the United States, and all transactions are conducted in US dollars.
In order to use the app, you must go through various stages. The initial step is to invite sellers, who may then enter their payment information. Then, under the 'not added' column, you can add a product to the vendor and determine the commission split for when the product is sold. Then you're all set to go.
- Set commissions for each product separately.
- Only works for US firms, and all payments are made in US dollars.
- The vendors claim that the app doesn't work the way it promises to work. Many of the features are missing too.
8. Vendor Consignment
Shopify Rating - 4.1
This fantastic little programme has the potential to completely transform the way you manage vendor commissions and reporting. You can easily track vendor commissions and view payment records, and because payments are made through PayPal, you can rest assured that monies to your vendors are secure.
You may also monitor how much vendors are paid and track commissions automatically, with the ability to customize how you do so. There are download options that allow you to change the data to extract useful information for analysis when you wish to get the details into a third-party software.
- Different commission rules can be set based on a variety of functions.
- On an order-by-order basis, you can override the commissions.
- According to reviews, the app needs updates for running smoothly.
- Full of glitches, such as black screens, login problems, etc.
9. Vendor Payout
Shopify Rating - 4.8
With this tool, you can effortlessly split sales and profit for each vendor, saving you time and effort from having to do it manually. You can set a specific commission amount for each individual vendor. For each product or SKU, you may also set up the cost of goods and custom deductions. After that, when you buy a product, all of the calculations are done for you.
You can create bespoke reports that filter out specific dates, vendors, goods, or order status whenever you want. This allows you to examine data about your store's performance and, as a result, make modifications to help you establish your brand and sell more things in the future.
- Set commissions for each of your store's vendors.
- Make a list of all of your vendors' login credentials.
- This app is becoming expensive day by day.
- Some vendors had issues with the app saying that the app was asking for subscription money even after uninstalling it.
10. Multi Seller Marketplace
Shopify Rating - 3.3
With this app, you can turn your Shopify store into a marketplace. With this software, you can effortlessly create and manage vendors, items, categories, collections, and more. If a vendor wants to sell a product in your store, they can submit it to you, and you can either approve or reject it. You can set the app to automatically approve products if you don't want to do so manually.
It's also incredibly simple to manage orders. You may send reminders to vendors about orders that they haven't completed yet, and you can create a useful portal for your suppliers that can be customized with your own colour scheme and language.
- Manage the commissions for each product separately.
- Easily manage vendor payments.
- The maximum file size for uploads is only 5 MB.
- The app sometimes becomes glitchy and does not work properly.
Selecting the Best Shopify Multi-Vendor Apps
Here's a list of all the necessary technologies and elements for an online multi vendor marketplace to maximise sales and user experience.
1. Admin Panel
Marketplace sellers can use the admin panel to update their profile, manage their products and offers, manage shipping details, fulfil orders, Shopify returns management and refunds, and communicate with their customers.
2. e - Commerce
The e-commerce section is where end users may see what products and services are available.
Building relationships, initiating conversations, establishing trust, and providing a platform for all website visitors to communicate are all critical aspects of marketplace communication.
You can incorporate text chat and video calling into your online multi vendor marketplace website with AtomChat, allowing buyers and sellers to communicate directly. Furthermore, to embed the AtomChat software, you do not need to be a code ninja.
AtomChat assists vendors in establishing trust and maintaining openness, while providing customers with a variety of choices for communicating with the seller and other buyers via marketplace chat.
4. Payment Options
In order for merchants and customers to transact on your multivendor marketplace, you must provide simple payment alternatives. You should select a Payment Service Provider (PSP) that offers specific marketplace functionality.
5. Product Feeds
By distributing your products on external sites like Google Shop, Amazon, and Facebook, a product feed generator expands the reach of your marketplace. As a result, you'll be able to boost your site's search ranks and market your products through major search channels.
6. Data Analytics for Better Performance
Consistent analysis and monitoring are ideal for improving your business operations. Some of the best multi-vendor apps for Shopify facilitate data analysis and generate reports to help you understand your business better. They also help you make insightful decisions in your business by weeding out inconsistent operations. So, find the most suitable multi-vendor app on Shopify that facilitate consistent data analysis and reports for better performance.
7. User-Friendly with a Dedicated Dashboard
The functionality of any application depends on the simple design and user interface that it provides. Moreover, a dedicated dashboard for you and your suppliers is essential to handle all the orders effectively, creating a smoother workflow.
8. Automation Capabilities
For any e-commerce business today, automation capabilities become imperative in handling a high frequency of transactions, multiple vendors, and suppliers. So, as an online business owner, you should have automation capabilities to set up productive workflows that are capable of carrying out successful operations repetitively.
The multi-vendor marketplace is an ideal business model for entrepreneurs who want to create their own company with a low initial expenditure. As a result, Shopify is the most accessible platform for completing this operation.
You'll never have to worry about having too much or too little inventory with a Shopify marketplace since you'll be ordering the exact amount of things you need as soon as the transaction is completed and paid for. This technique is very different from typical business, which entails commodities manufacture or mass purchases.
1. Which are the best multi vendor apps on Shopify?
Some of the best multi vendor apps on Shopify are Jetti, Marketplace in a Box, Ship Turtle Multi Vendor, Multi-Vendor Marketplace, Order Fulfillment Guru, etc.
2. What are the factors required to select the multi vendor apps on Shopify?
The factors required are Admin Panel, e-commerce, communication, payment options, and product feeds.