Introduction of Best Membership Apps for Shopify
Membership Apps for Shopify are a great place to start if you’d like reliable recurring income. This service helps you provide a VIP experience for your customer while continuing to build your relationship with them. By creating first priority access to information, products and services for member shoppers, you increase their LTV (long term value).
Today we’ll go over ten of the best membership apps for Shopify and discuss each app’s pros and cons.
Detailed Review of the Best Membership Apps for Shopify
1) Appstle℠ Subscriptions by Appstle Inc.
A popular GDPR and data privacy compliant Membership app on Shopify, Appstle℠ Subscriptions offers tiered discounts, mixed cart, product swap, inventory forecast, build-a-box, cancellation management and custom shipping, as well as automated billing for prepaid and regular billing. This is also a great Subscriptions App for Shopify .
Appstle℠ Subscriptions generates magic links for subscription, has no hidden or transaction fees on orders and boosts failed transaction conversions.
App can suffer migrations glitches and technical and customer support team response is slow.
2) Growave ‑ Loyalty, Wishlist +3 by Growave
Growave ‑ Loyalty, Wishlist +3 by Growave is plugged with tools for point programs, customer referrals, discount rewards, user generated content, free products, wishlists and reviews boosted by personalized emails with buying triggers such as back in stock, sales and price drops. It is a Shopify loyalty app that makes customers feel valued and respected for sticking with your brand.
This value for money Shopify app for Membership is easy to set up, requires no coding, fully customizable and integrates seamlessly with Shopify POS.
Growave ‑ Loyalty, Wishlist +3 by Growave suffers technical glitches, especially in their loyalty program tool and coding, and technical support is unable to resolve most issues.
3) Paywhirl Subscription Payments by Paywhirl Inc.
A customer-centric app, Paywhirl Subscription Payments integrates with Shopify Checkout and allows customers control of customizing and managing their subscriptions and automates all notifications, order creation and customer payment.
This app by Paywhirl Inc. boasts of excellent customer and technical support overall, as well as in the domains of multi-language, multi-currency and migration. It also offers some Shopify currency converter app features.
This Membership App for Shopify does not offer much in the way of analytics or reports, product swap tools, upselling or cross-selling and subscription discounts.
4) Gift Cards & Loyalty Program by Rise.ai
Perfect for loyalty programs with rewards, store credit, affiliate and referral marketing, Gift Cards & Loyalty Program also allows your customers to take advantage of branded and digital gift card and voucher experiences that they can send to recipients through IM or email. If you wanted to add a Shopify referral app to your store, then just go with this one!
While allowing free migration of cards, credit and points, this Membership app for Shopify also has the ability to create gift cards that are usable across multi-channels.
If you happen to uninstall this app, gift cards purchased by your customers cannot be redeemed, and without analytics or reports, monitoring automated rewards can be a hassle.
5) Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards by Swell Rewards
A Membership App for Shopify that offers to help you build your referral and loyalty program by allowing you to custom create VIP tiers to suit your store, incentivize purchases and social engagements, and offer points redemption, Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards claims to lower acquisition costs by converting customers into brand advocates.
A no-code easy to use app, Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards is chock full of customization tools and comes with customer support offering strategic recommendations.
With poor onboarding process, expensive integrations, low scoring on design appeal and lack of control in handling your customer database, the biggest drawback for this Membership App for Shopify remains the necessity to upgrade to the fully loaded plan so your customer can check their rewards balance on your store.
6) Recharge Subscriptions by Recharge
Recharge Subscriptions comes armed with analytics on your subscriptions, customers and revenue. It allows you to use this insight to reduce customer churn, improve customer engagement and lifetime value, and create and integrate subscriptions suitable for your Shopify store.
With actionable insights and real time product performance tracking, improved payment conversions with automated retries, allowing customers to manage subscriptions, skip deliveries or swap products, this Membership App integrates with high-ranked and popular ecommerce tools.
This app can only be tweaked and corrected manually which can be time-consuming, cause glitches in recurring customer’s subscriptions, better suited for US Shopify store accounts, and suffers poor customer and technical support.
7) Recurring Membership Payments by AAAeCommerce Inc
With Recurring Membership Payments, you can create multiple plans in the form of courses, membership, coaching programs, newsletter and podcasts, curate members-only collections, podcasts, content and offers, and send automated reminders on invoices and renewals to members. You can also integrate a Shopify Quickbooks app to this one to easily manage financial data.
Recurring Membership Payments has a simple interface, offers sign-up to wholesalers with discounted pricing, presents advanced data reports in CSV format, and captures customer leads on incomplete transactions.
With a complicated set-up, this membership app suffers technical glitches and customization can be extremely pricey.
8) Bold Memberships by BOLD
This Membership App by BOLD helps you sell sophisticated and basic memberships across custom tiers, display store content based on the type of membership the viewer has, sell recurring memberships for offline services, and offer discounted prices to wholesale and VIP customers.
Bold Memberships gives you freedom in displaying or hiding pages, posts, categories, products, collections, prices and even the att to cart button depending on the viewer’s membership.
Customization of color or font on your BOLD app takes a day to reflect on display, has coding glitches, does not integrate with modern themes, and has poor technical support.
9) POS Membership by Webkul Software Pvt Ltd
This membership app is the way to go if you're looking to incentivize customers through a membership card. The app gives loyalty points to customers, encouraging them to visit again and also accumulate more points by buying products from your store. You can also update the membership ‘level’ of a consumer depending on the amount of points they have.
- POS Membership gives only the admin the authority to add loyalty points to a customer and change the design of the email and provides easy integrations.
- The POS Membership app is not used by many users as of yet and still needs to be tested more.
10) Eber- Loyalty and Membership by Eber
Eber has a broad loyalty and reward system. It also offers marketing and analytic tools while also helping you automate your member program. The app also enables you to keep track of which customer has used a specific discount code.
- The Eber app allows you to analyse your customer’s purchases, send them an automated ‘welcome’ or ‘happy birthday’ message when they join and also automate the reward system via one-time-use discount codes.
- While Eber does provide a free version, its pricing plans can be over the roof for many new businesses.
How to select the Best Membership App for Shopify
Choosing the right Membership App for your Shopify store is easy if you know what you are looking for. Here are some key factors to keep in mind that will help you find the best Shopify app solution for your store.
It's key to understand that members are usually divided into tiers. However, many of these categories can be difficult to manage. Look for an app that has just the right amount of tiers and categories for members.
Most free plans do not allow customization and lack several key features, so you may have to pay for an app. If you do, decide on a budget early on and get an app that covers all the features you need within the set budget.
- Contro l - How much control over subscriptions and subscribed product choices would you like your customers to have
For businesses who are driven through referral programs, you should search for an app that has a high range of options to reward your loyal customers from.
- Support - Always, always, always choose an app that offers good customer and technical support, especially in app categories like these that form the bridge between your business and your customers.
- Integrations - Look for an app that provides easy integrations and works well with different platforms to help reward your customers in more ways than just discounts.
- Ease of Setup - Not every store owner is (or can hire) a coder. This is where you’ll need to try to hunt for an app that doesn't take a lot of time to set up and is ready to use in a matter of clicks.
- Customisation - Customisation of messages and notifications is key when you’re looking to give back to your customers. Look for apps that help you customise widgets, messages, etc with ease.
- Features - A membership app that provides a wide range of features is the best option for any store owner. With several features, you can handle all your members' rewards and programs from one place.
- User-Friendly - An app that confuses you about where your desired option is located, is a no-go. Go for apps that have a simple design and help you find what you need quickly.
- Serviceability - Before you decide to buy an app, look at whether it truly provides all the features it promises to by looking at the customer reviews.
Although most Membership Apps for Shopify are developed with similar features to fulfill the requirements of this category, we’ve isolated the one key power tool every app has that sets it apart.
Use Appstle℠ Subscriptions by Appstle Inc. for subscription through magic links, Growave ‑ Loyalty, Wishlist +3 by Growave if your Shopify store supports User Generated Content, Paywhirl Subscription Payments by Paywhirl Inc. if you’d like to give customer control of their membership subscription, Gift Cards & Loyalty Program by Rise.ai to reward customer loyalty, Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards by Swell Rewards to convert customers into brand advocates, Recharge Subscriptions by Recharge for receiving in depth membership analytics, Recurring Membership Payments by AAAeCommerce Inc if you offer study courses, coaching and informative podcasts, Bold Memberships by BOLD if your store offers both online and offline subscriptions.
FAQ's on Membership Apps For Shopify
1) Which are the best Membership Apps for Shopify?
Depending on your requirement, choose from these top rated apps-
Appstle℠ Subscriptions by Appstle Inc., Growave ‑ Loyalty, Wishlist +3 by Growave, Paywhirl Subscription Payments by Paywhirl Inc., Gift Cards & Loyalty Program by Rise.ai, Yotpo Loyalty & Rewards by Swell Rewards, Recharge Subscriptions by Recharge, Recurring Membership Payments by AAAeCommerce Inc, Bold Memberships by BOLD
2) How to choose the best Membership Apps for your Shopify store?
To choose the best Membership App for your Shopify store, consider your membership complexity, your budget, the role your customer has to play, the power you’d like to hand your customer, and the level of technical support you expect from the developers.