Best Shopify Abandoned Cart Apps for eCommerce Businesses
If you are an eCommerce enterprise owning an online store, an Abandoned cart is one of the most aggravating problems you’ll face. According to a Statisa review of the average cart abandonment rate, 3/4 of shoppers choose to quit the eCommerce site without making a purchase. There can be various reasons for a shopper abandoning their cart, such as unexpected shipping fees or taxes, a lengthy and confusing checkout process, a poor return policy, limited payment options, etc.
Don’t worry! At Shopify, there are 700+ free and paid Shopify abandoned cart apps available to assist you in lowering your cart abandonment rate. According to Brilliance and MooSend's Cart Abandonment Statistics: 2006-2021, approximately 40% of Shopify abandoned cart app reminder emails are always viewed. Nearly 45% of customers click on these links to finish their transactions. Yes, that’s the success rate Shopify Abandoned Cart Apps guarantees.
Top Shopify Abandoned Cart Apps
A detailed review of Best Abandoned Cart Apps for Shopify
Shopify Abandoned cart apps use some of the most popular methods, such as push notifications, retargeting ads, exit-intent chatbots, and emails. Each Shopify app uses a different approach for reminding the customers about the purchase to win them back and increase your Shopify store revenue. For a multi-pronged strategy, also include Shopify email marketing apps to bring back customers. Here is the list of the top 6 best Abandoned Cart Apps for Shopify.
1. Consistent Cart - Abandon Cart
Shopify Rating: 4.7
Consistent Cart, an abandoned cart solution by CareKit founded in 2016, strives to build lasting customer relationships with a power-packed suite of built-in automations.
- Recover Abandoned Carts- Save a tonne of time with built-in marketing automation and large-scale abandon cart recovery.
- Instant Marketing Automations to reach out to customers and increase sales with custom Email, SMS, and Push alerts.
- Grow Subscribers & Conversions through dozens of growth tools and integrations.
- Conversion rates for the add-to-cart popup function are high. As soon as a user adds an item to their cart, it prompts them for their email address.
- Offers an Activity Monitor that displays every single cart on your Shopify store.
- Helps with double-verification of orders to prevent customer annoyance from notification emails.
- The multitude of features makes the dashboard and the app quite overwhelming overall. You can use a Shopify store design app along with an abandoned cart app to make your store more user-friendly.
- Additional charges for extended features and services.
2. PushOwl Web Push Notifications
Shopify Rating: 5.0
PushOwl caters to the needs of every business, from a little boutique to a huge eCommerce business, and is probably the only marketing channel that claims to turn one-time visitors into regular consumers with push notifications.
- PushOwl integrates with 18+ other Shopify apps , including Stamped, Judge.me, Growave, Loox, PageFly, and others. These Shopify mobile apps builders and user-generated content apps will make your store much more appealing to your customers.
- Recover abandoned carts through automated Abandoned Cart reminders and notifications, and drive more sales.
- Employ automated notifications such as back in stock and browse abandonment to save money on Facebook retargeting advertisements.
- Proactive Customer Support to help you understand web push & access free migration support from OneSignal, Aimtell, Firepush, iZooto, etc.
- Automatically sync subscriber data with account data.
- Come with cross-platform support to send push notifications to any device.
- Conversion tracking is available in the free version.
- The app is slightly weak on the reporting side.
- Some users have raised over-attribution of sales as an issue.
3. Abandoned Cart Recovery Email
Shopify Rating: 5.0
Care Cart’s Abandoned Cart Recovery app is a simple and dependable abandoned cart recovery system that tracks all carts, checkouts, and orders and retargets them via automated email marketing and online push alerts to recover lost revenue.
- Abandoned Cart Email Recovery- through email marketing & automated web push notifications to track & target all carts in minutes.
- Email subscription popup to collect even more subscribers while they add a product to the cart.
- Abandonment protection & tracking system- Intelligently track a list of all abandoned checkouts and carts on your Shopify store.
- Discount code delivery system for visitors and shoppers to win discount code through Spin-a-sale wheel feature & make a purchase.
- Recovery of abandoned carts and orders is simple with CareCart's automation, configured according to best practices.
- Easily retrieve abandoned carts by restoring persistent carts for your consumers across all platforms.
- Users have often reported the app to be slow.
- The customer support system is plagued with late response time.
4. Rivo Abandoned Cart Recovery
Shopify Rating: 4.8
Rivo Abandoned Cart Recovery app is trusted by 127,000+ brands and aims to accelerate growth through the power of omnichannel marketing. Exclusively built to suit Shopify stores of any size, it offers tech-enabled solutions to increase conversion rates.
- Recover Abandoned Carts- Increase conversion rates by sending customers browser alerts in the form of email, push notifications, and SMS to encourage them to complete checkout. You can also pair it with an increase sales app for Shopify that will take care of your overall sales and increase organic traffic to your Shopify store.
- There is no need to collect phone numbers or email addresses of shoppers. With Rivo’s Abandonment Protector , stores can revert carts for free!
- Get free replacement for PushOwl, Firepush, OneSignal, Privy, Recart, Smart Push Marketing by Hextom, Automizely, and Push Monkey.
- No coding is required; the app offers simple one-click installation.
- 24x7 live chat & email support with industry-leading response times.
- Certain custom themes (ajax) are reported to experience problems.
- Though resolved in time, the app suffers frequent glitches.
5. Recart FB Messenger Marketing
Shopify Rating: 4.8
Recart is an Abandoned Cart app for Shopify that helps eCommerce merchants recover more revenues from their Shopify stores. It uses automated Facebook Messenger campaigns to remind customers of their purchases.
- Facebook messages have a greater open rate than emails, and the inbox is less crowded.
- Send promotional communications , such as special offers and discount codes.
- Increase revenue on autopilot by using targeted, highly engaging automated campaigns to engage shoppers and inspire them to buy more.
- Get full access to all growth tools, engaging automations, and tried-and-true templates for a 28-day free trial.
- Access to built-in stats, A/B testing, and real-time dashboard to examine what's working.
- Abandonment Analytics console to evaluate the potential loss of revenue due to failed cart recovery.
- Lack of live chat feature and robust customer support service.
- Compared to other apps with the same features, the app seems costly.
6. Abandonment Protector
Shopify Rating: 4.9
Abandonment Protector is one of the leading solutions by Chilliapps for abandoned cart issues faced by eCommerce Shopify stores. Abandonment Protector gives you easy-to-use tools for automating email marketing based on your customers' behavior.
- Create an Exit-intent popup for abandoned carts and Email sequences for abandoned checkouts using several pre-designed themes.
- Recover lost customers- Create email marketing techniques based on your consumers’ behavior to entice them back to your store.
- There is no limit on the number of subscribers, unlimited views for pop-ups, and day-round support available via phone and email.
- Excellent newsletter management for collecting valuable statistics and feedback.
- The app also supports French and Spanish, apart from the English language.
- The customer support service has a slow response time and extended waiting period.
- Smaller businesses may find the app costly.
7. Recapture Abandoned Carts
Shopify Rating: 5.0
Recapture is a reliable abandoned cart retrieval app that uses email marketing, among other additional features, to bring back consumers to their abandoned carts. They have recovered millions of lost sales with the help of reminders, winbacks, broadcasts, emails, and SMS notifications.
- The recapture Abandoned carts app help classify your consumers into high and low-value targets with relative discounts and offers to recover carts.
- Data analytics present in this app will help you track recovered carts, lost sales, and email engagement.
- Keeps customer engagement clear by automatically stopping emails after the purchase is made.
- This abandoned cart app is an easy-to-setup with responsive emails under a few steps.
- Recapture app supports multiple storefronts and currencies.
- Reports regarding the number of email-assisted recovered carts can be inaccurate with the Recapture app.
8. Smart Cart Recovery
Shopify Rating: 4.8
This Abandoned cart recovery app can help your business effectively by creating mixed recovery responses that target various mediums like emails, Facebook messenger, etc. The Smart Cart Recovery app also uses referral-based recovery sequences to simplify the process of converting abandoned carts.
- This abandon cart app will help easily queue all the past discarded carts to initiate the process of recovering them.
- Provides insights about customer lifetime value and referral sources.
- With the Smart Cart Recovery app, you can add an unlimited number of emails to your recovery sequences.
- This abandoned cart app has a simplified set that just needs a few steps.
- Smart Cart Recovery app is a well-designed interface with easy drag and drops options.
- The customer service is not upto the mark with this app and suffers from glitches with adequate tech support.
9. Abandoned Cart Reminder
Shopify Rating: 4.7
Abandoned Cart Reminder app is a quick installation app that attracts customers and directs them to custom-made offers for customers to go back to their abandoned cart. Moreover, this app is compatible with any theme with capable tech support to fix any issue.
- The Abandoned Cart Reminder app provides 24/7 support for its customers.
- You have total control over font, color, and design for your recovery messages and themes.
- This is an easy-to-install and user-friendly app.
- The Abandoned Cart Recovery app provides dependable customer support.
- This app does not have the option of using SMS for abandoned cart recovery messages.
10. Carti Abandoned Cart Recovery
Shopify Rating: 4.9
Carti Abandoned Cart Recovery app helps you increase your profits by sorting out the customer distribution lists effectively for personalized communication. This app also lets you create automated campaigns for the list of abandoned cart customers list.
- Carti Abandoned Cart Recovery app provides push notifications, SMS, What's app, Viber, Telegram, WeChat, and email for recovering carts abandoned by customers.
- It offers several growth tools, and visitors can opt for a few different channels according to their preferences.
- Carti Adondoned Cart Recovery app is easy to use with a quick plugin.
- The customer service provided by this app has been excellent till date.
- Sometimes this app runs into problems in integrating with other messenger platforms like Facebook.
How to select the best Abandoned Cart Apps for Shopify?
Each Abandoned Cart Apps for Shopify has its own set of traits, pros, and cons that distinguish it from the others. Hopefully, these factors will begin to steer you on the right path when it comes to finding the proper software. Let's get started!
1. Beautiful email templates
Attractive and unique pre-built abandoned cart email themes to build customer attention and induce recovery. It's a plus if it's mobile-friendly and includes a drag-and-drop editor. To turn you store mobile-friendly just use one of the mobile apps for Shopify .
2. Pop-up builder
Intriguing and eye-catching exit intent pop-ups indeed serve as a great tool to re-engage customers before they leave your website.
3. Abandoned cart rates calculator
This feature will make things easier for you. Apps that are pre-equipped with a calculator can help Shopify store owners determine how many consumers they’ve lost due to abandoned carts and devise a strategy to address it.
4. Pocket-friendly Pricing
One of the most crucial things to look for is whether the software is reasonably priced and can meet your company's needs, given its extensive feature set. As a result, fair pricing is essential.
5. Customer Support
The app should have a solid technical support team available 24/7. Similarly, appropriate support services are required for the onboarding and implementation of these apps. You can also use a customer service App for Shopify to provide the best post-purchase customer experience.
Final Words/ Overall recommendation
While it can be discouraging to see your sales drop due to abandoned carts, you may efficiently resolve this issue by utilizing the above-mentioned Shopify Abandoned Cart Apps. It will assist you in generating the lost revenue without the need to discover additional potential customers for your website. Carefully devise the services you require, and be sure that you know what your business needs from the Shopify abandoned cart app.
The requirements of your website determine the app’s methodology. If customers must log in to add items to their carts, an email-based tool like Consistent Cart or Abandoned Cart Recovery Email should suffice. However, suppose many customers refuse to provide you with their email addresses. In that case, you may need a push notification, and ad solution like PushOwl or Rivo Abandoned Cart Recovery to recuperate those lost revenues. Recart and Abandonment Protector are your best bets if you want a pre-built abandoned cart calculator to save potential losses.
1. Which is the Best Abandoned Cart Apps for Shopify?
The best Abandoned Cart Apps for the Shopify store majorly depend on your business requirements and the services needed. Consistent Cart, PushOwl, Abandoned Cart Recovery Email, Rivo Abandoned Cart Recovery, Recart, and Abandonment Protector are some of the top names. Some might send an email. Others might use social media, advertisements, or push notifications.
2. How to choose the Best Shopify Abandoned Cart Apps for your eCommerce business?
These are the four most crucial points to consider while selecting the best marketing app for your Shopify store. 1. Make sure the app offers unique and eye-catching abandoned cart email themes. 2. Pre-equipped with Abandoned cart rates calculator. 3. The Shopify abandoned cart app should serve your business efficiently in cart recovery and sales. 4. High Tech Support Availability.